Denied Optimity's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Optimity, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimity

Expand Collapse

General Questions

What's your IGN?
    Optimity
    What's your name?
    Darren
    What's your age?
    What gender are you?
    Male
    Where do you live?
    United States
    What timezone are you in?
    Eastern Time

Staff Based Questions

Do you have previous staff experience?
    I have had months of experience on the server Desteria. I began there as a player but over time I got to know the community and how things worked. I found myself answering a ton of questions so eventually other players suggested that I become staff, so I applied and began my journey as a Desterian staff member. I managed to get promoted after about a month or so of working on there team.

What makes you a better candidate over someone else?
    I personally am a very patient and logical person. I very rarely find myself acting in negative ways because of my personal feelings. I keep things professional when its necessary but I also like to joke around with players with a calmer attitude when it is possible to do so.

Do you know the commands a moderator/helper would have to use?
    I am not sure what the exact commands I would need to know are for this server, however I have a near perfect memory of all the commands that were required in my previous position on Desteria. I am certain that I would be able to learn the rules and commands for this server.

What are your weaknesses?
    Most of the weaknesses I currently have are about this server particularly. I currently do not know many of the staff team on a personal or professional level, and I have no experience with the commands I would need to know in game. I believe that both of these are not very relevant because I can overcome them with some effort and time on my part.

What are your strengths?
    I believe one of my strengths is my time spent on Desteria. I was able to familiarize myself with how people work as a team and how all of the staff comes together to moderate a server with hundreds of players.

What are three things CartelPvP is going to benefit from your hiring?
    CartelPvP will be gaining a staff member with prior experience, a calm and logical attitude and a very productive person by hiring me.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
    I think that CartelPvP is going to be a successful server, It has been in progress for such a long time but the results I see are fantastic. I recently checked your discord and I found that there were other staff members and a small community of players already online. I think that is just the start of what is to come, so I want to be staff so that I can be a part of the server's success.

Can you name the current staff team?
    I can not, the only person I am familiar with is SooGhostly. I also recall Kiev because I saw that he was a staff member currently on the forums.

Anything Else

Do you have discord?
    Yes, my discord name is Optimity#4540

What's your discord name?
    Optimity#4540

Do you have a working microphone?
    Yes

Can you record?
    Yes, I recently got a new computer, however my internet speed is quite slow so if I had to upload any large files then I would have to do so overnight.

Anything else you want to tell us?
    I am pretty confident that I can do a great job as a member of your staff team. I have the ability to learn and the patience and attitude to help out this server.

Thanks for reading
    -Optimity

2. Ellis

Expand Collapse

I noticed that some of the questions have been answered quite indirectly and do not contain very relevant information. Putting that aside, the application was decent.

3. Divisional100

Boss
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I like the application but there is plenty of room here for you to add some detail all around. Add some more detail and you will be all set. Best of luck!

-Divisional100

4. IrishToothAche

Expand Collapse

Hello,

I will be contacting you within 24hrs, to schedule an interview!
    I really like the effort and activity you showed on your application being mindful, and diligent when criticism was commented.
    You show potential, and we would like to see how far you can go.

This application is not denied, or accepted, until the interview stage.

Good luck,
    SwagSchool101
    Administrator

5. Divisional100

Boss
    Expand Collapse

Denied,
    You will be receiving a PM with more info.
    - Divisional100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.